ITV has scrapped plans for a live broadcast of I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! tonight due to the severe weather forecast from Storm Arwen.
Presenters Ant and Dec were due to broadcast live from Gwrych Castle in North Wales tonight but instead will pre-record segments that will be played later.
ITV said this is part of “precautionary measures” being put in place.
A statement said: “Ant & Dec will record their links early evening and these will be played out during tonight’s show.
“Our celebrities will remain inside the castle, which is secure, and we have contingencies in place to cover all weather scenarios to ensure the safety of our cast and crew.”
On Friday, the Met Office issued a rare red “danger to life” weather warning, with gusts of wind in excess of 80mph forecast.
The storm is expected to hit the eastern shores of Scotland and northern England from 3pm on Friday and could destroy homes and buildings, disrupt travel, and bring down power lines.
The alert also warns people of the potential of “roads, bridges, and railway lines closed, with delays and cancellations to bus, train, ferry services and flights” and of “large waves and beach material being thrown onto coastal roads, sea fronts and homes”.
This year’s I’m a Celeb series has already been disrupted after TV presenter Richard Madeley was forced to withdraw after breaking the show’s COVID bubble.
The 65-year-old was taken to hospital in the early hours of Thursday morning after falling ill and had to pull out because of the visit.
Normally held in Australia, the show was moved to North Wales last year due to COVID-19 travel restrictions.